- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup dry sweetener
- 1 tbls ground flaxseeds
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour, or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips (or vegan choc chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a strong fork to beat together the applesauce, almond butter, dry sweetener, and flaxseeds. Once relatively smooth, mix in vanilla.
- Add the oat flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well. Add the sorghum flour and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the baking sheets in about 1 1/2 tablespoon scoops, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the cookies a bit, so that they resemble thick discs (they don’t spread much during baking).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. The longer you bake them, the crispier they will be.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.