- 2 limes
- 2 scallions
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 jalapeno chile
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, not sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 avocado
- Reduced-fat sour cream, for serving (optional)
- 1. Start corn relish: Squeeze limes into a medium bowl. Thinly slice scallions, and add to bowl along with corn. Add 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Prep vegetables: Halve jalapeno (remove ribs and seeds for less heat, if desired), and mince. Halve tomatoes. Combine in an airtight container; cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Shred Cheese: Coarsely grate cheese on a box grater; place into a resealable plastic bag, and refrigerate.
- 1. Make tostadas: Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Arrange tortillas on two baking sheets; brush both sides with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Rinse and drain beans; sprinkle over tortillas. Top with tomatoes, jalapeno, and cheese. Bake until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- 2. Finish corn relish: While tostadas are baking, pit and peel avocado; dice. Toss with corn mixture to combine.
- 3. Serve: Top tostadas with corn relish, and, if desired, sour cream.