Creamy, milk gelatin dessert made with cajeta, a traditional Mexican treat.
- 1 10.5 oz jar (310 g) cajeta (preferably coronado brand)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 12-oz (354 ml) can evaporated milk
- 1 14-oz (369 g) can condensed milk
- 3 1-oz (28 g) packages flavorless gelatin
- ¾ cup water
- Place water in a small bowl and add the flavorless gelatin. Let it sit until it hardens (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, place the 3 milks and the cajeta in the blender. Blend until completely combined.
- Once the flavorless gelatin hardens, melt it in a small pot or in the microwave. Add it to the milk and cajeta mixture and blend.
- Pour into a 6-cup capacity jell-o mold or 12-1/2 cup smaller molds. If you feel the mixture is a bit hot, let it cool before placing it in the refrigerator. Allow gelatin to harden, for about 5 hours.