Born out leftovers I had in the fridge and a love for sweet potatoes.
- 1/2 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place sweet potato, rice, cheeses, wheat germ, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 45 – 60 seconds or until smooth and a ball starts to form.
- Roll sweet potato mixture into tablespoon-sized balls with your hands. Place balls on baking sheet and bake on the center rack of the oven for 15-17 minutes or until the bottoms are golden.
- Allow balls to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes. Gently remove balls with thin metal spatula and serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.