- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 tablespoon marshmallow creme
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Toast the almonds in a pan over medium heat until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread one slice of the sourdough bread with a thick layer of the chocolate-hazelnut spread. Spread the other slice of bread with the marshmallow creme. Layer the strawberries onto the chocolate-hazelnut spread and top with a sprinkling of almonds. Then place the other slice of bread on top, marshmallow creme-side down. Press the 2 slices together.
- Butter one side of the sandwich and put it on a hot panini maker butter-side down. Butter the other side, close the lid and cook until the sandwich is toasted and warmed through. (If you do not have a panini maker, you can grill the sandwich in a skillet, laying another heavy skillet on top of the sandwich to press it together. Turn to grill the other side in the same way.)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cut in half and serve!