Ingredients: 2 Tbs cornstarch,1 ½ cup all-purpose flour,2 Tbs milk,1 1/2 teaspoons salt,1 quart of strawberries,½ pack strawberry jello,½ pack strawberry jello,¾ cup sugar,1 cup sugar,vegetable oil, for frying,1/4 cup water
- Wash strawberries, remove stems and quarter or cut into bite size pieces and set aside. Put water on the stove to boil. Preheat the oven to 42
- Always make the filling first because it needs to cool some and can do so while you make the crust.Stir sugar and cornstarch together with a fork or whisk in a large sauce pan. Gradually pour the boiling water into this mixture and place on stove top on medium high heat. Stir continuously over medium high heat until mixture turns from clear colored liquid to a milky colored gel (mixture will start to boil just keep stirring until it turns milky and a gel consistency about 7 minutes).Once gel consistency is formed remove pan from the heat and stir in the pack strawberry flavored jello and the strawberries. Set aside.In a 9 pie plate, mix flour, salt, sugar with a fork. Make a well in the center and pour in the vegetable oil and the milk. Gently mix all ingredients together until a dough forms. Press the dough into the pie plate and using fingers, pinch into fluted design at top edge. Poke at least 5 fork holes with the tines of a dinner fork into the bottom of the crust. (to allow steam to escape without buckling the crust).
- Bake in 425 oven for 10 mintues.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the pie plate and place in the refrigerator until cold and set.