A quick, gluten-free bread recipe – no need for yeast, ready in under an hour
- 25.0g parmesan (or vegetarian parmazano), grated
- 2.0 tbsp olive oil
- 1.0 tsp tomato purée
- 1.0 tsp salt
- 200.0g gluten-free white flour (Doves Farm is available at most supermarkets)
- 3 eggs
- 50.0g sundried tomatoes in oil (about 6-8), coarsely chopped
- 284.0ml buttermilk (or same amount of whole milk with a squeeze of lemon juice)
- 3.0 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, tomato purée and oil. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, then add the sundried tomatoes and half the Parmesan.
- Grease a 900g loaf tin and pour in the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top and bake for 50-60 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.