This lovely dish can be served as an appetizer or an entree. It’s fun and easy and the salsa can be prepared the night before. Simply add oil and cilantro before serving.
- 1/2 ripe pineapple diced fine
- 1 tablespoons pink peppercorns
- 1 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 3 each limes juiced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 cranks white pepper ground
- 2 each shallots chopped fine
- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, leaves only chopped at the last minute
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 8 cranks white pepper ground
- 16 large diver scallops
- Olive oil
- Finely dice the pineapple, mix together with pink peppercorn, coriander, limejuice, salt and pepper.
- Add the shallots, olive oil and cilantro, keep very cold. Sprinkle the scallop with salt and pepper on all sides; cover all side with olive oil. On a very hot grill cook the scallops for 30 seconds on each side.
- Place 4 scallops on a serving plate and top with 1/2 tablespoon of the pineapple salsa.