Is this a vegan version of a Caesar cocktail or is it an adapted version of the Bloody Mary? I can’t decide. Whatever you call it, this is one fantastic drink with a whopping 4 servings of vegetables per 500 ml glass. Be sure to add the seasonings to taste and you can’t go wrong. Adapted from Former Chef.
- 4 cups (32 oz) vegetable juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1-1.5 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce (i use the wizard’s brand)
- 2-2.5 tsp hot sauce, or to taste
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tsp celery seed
- Sprinkle of herbamare or kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Vodka, to taste (optional)
- Kelp granules, to taste (optional)
- To garnish: celery salt, lime, celery stalks, ice
- In a large bowl or pitcher, add the vegetable juice. Now whisk in the rest of the ingredients all to taste.
- Grab two 500-ml glasses and rim the edge with a lime wedge. Now dip glass rim into a shallow bowl of celery salt. Pour drink into glasses and garnish with a lime wedge, celery stalk, and ice. Serve immediately.