by Chef Patsy Jamieson
This versatile sauce from North Africa complements grilled fish and poultry. It can also jazz up vegetarian entrées.
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves washed, dried
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh italian parsley leaves washed, dried
- 3 cloves garlic peeled, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground red (cayenne) pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat firm silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In food processor, combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and ground red pepper. Process until finely chopped. Add broth, tofu, lemon juice and oil. Process until mixture forms a creamy sauce, stopping to scrape down sides of work bowl several times.
- Just before serving, heat sauce over medium heat, stirring until heated through but not bubbling.