These kid-size burgers have the cheese on the inside. Serve with your favorite burger accompaniments.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (20% fat)
- 4 1-inch cubes sharp white cheddar cheese, each halved
- 8 soft dinner rolls, split
- Divide meat into 8 equal pieces. Shape into balls. Press 1 cheese piece into center of 1 meatball and enclose cheese in meat. Flatten to 21/2- to 3-inch-diameter patty. Repeat to form 7 more patties. Sprinkle both sides of patties with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high to high heat). Grill patties until cooked to desired doneness and cheese centers soften, about 5 minutes per side for medium. If desired, grill cut side of rolls until toasted, about 1 minute. Transfer patties to rolls; let rest 5 minutes.