This recipe can be prepared in 45 minutes or less. Complete the entrée with a dilled cucumber salad, steamed squash and popovers (from a mix). End with purchased strawberry tarts.
- 2 7-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 3 large shallots, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon; sauté until just opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in same skillet. Add half of shallots and half of tarragon; sauté 30 seconds. Increase heat to high; add half of spinach and toss 30 seconds. Add remaining spinach; toss until wilted. Divide between plates.
- Melt remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining shallots and tarragon; sauté 30 seconds. Add wine and cream and boil until sauce is thick enough to coat spoon, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Return salmon to skillet; simmer 1 minute. Arrange salmon with sauce atop spinach.