- 1/2 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless country-style bread
- 5 teaspoons dijon mustard, divided
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 9-ounce package fresh spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 large eggs
- thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss crumbs with 2 teaspoons mustard, 2 teaspoons oil, and mustard seeds in medium bowl to coat.
- Scatter on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, add enough water to deep large nonstick skillet to cover bottom. Add spinach; toss over high heat to wilt, about 2 minutes. Scrape into sieve set over bowl; press out liquid. Wipe out skillet; reserve.
- Transfer spinach to medium saucepan. Add 3 teaspoons mustard, half and half, and chopped thyme. Stir over medium heat until thick, about 3 minutes. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in reserved skillet over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into skillet, spacing apart. Fry until whites are cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Divide spinach between 2 plates, spreading out as base for eggs. Top with eggs, crumbs, and thyme sprigs.