- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed, juices reserved
- Stir first 5 ingredients in medium bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Blend cherries and reserved cherry juices in processor until cherries are coarsely chopped. Add sugar syrup; blend until smooth.
- Process cherry mixture in ice cream maker. Transfer sorbetto to container; cover tightly and freeze until solid, at least 3 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep frozen.)