- 1 pound White flour, about One
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- Little salt
- Oil for frying
- 2 cups Sugar syrup to dip the sweet delights in
- *Mix yeast and salt with the flour *Add water little by little until the mix is loose but not watery *Leave the dough in a warm place for half an hour before frying *Heat the oil Try as best as you can to shape the dough into balls by using a spoon or two *Deep fry the dough until golden brown
- It was recommended in the recipe to dip your spoon in water, but I did not think it is a good idea to mix hot oil with water, since it will create bubbles that will burst in your face while frying!
- Get the sweets out of the hot oil and right into the cold sugar syrup, let stand for few minutes to allow the sweets to absorb the syrup, then put them in the serving platter. Enjoy hot or cold.