- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, measured in liquid form
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 recipe Vegan Frosting
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, espresso powder, almond milk, and vanilla. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until combined. Quickly stir in the vinegar until incorporated.
- 2. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups (scant 1/3 cup per cupcake). Bake until tops spring back when lightly touched, about 18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Top cupcakes with vegan frosting (about 3 tablespoons per cupcake).