- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegan granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Fine salt
- 1 cup unrefined virgin or extra-virgin coconut oil (packed)
- 8 to 10 tablespoons ice water
- Put the flour, sugar, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor, and pulse to combine. Add the coconut oil in small spoonfuls, and pulse until the largest pieces are pea-size. Add 8 tablespoons ice water, and pulse until evenly combined. Squeeze a handful of the dough together; it should just hold its shape. If the mixture is very powdery, pulse in an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons ice water. Divide the dough between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap, pat each into a 1/2-inch-thick disc and chill for at least 1 hour up to overnight.
- To make rolling easier, let the dough soften up a bit-it should be slightly soft when pressed-at room temperature (this may take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes depending on the temperature of your kitchen).