To help us learn more about Persian (a.k.a. Iranian) food, we turned to culinary authority Najmieh Batmanglij. In addition to insight on Persian culinary traditions, she provided us with recipes from her book New Food of Life.
- 1 cup whole-milk yogurt, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint or a dash of dried mint flakes, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups club soda or spring water, chilled
- 1Pour yogurt, mint, salt, and pepper into a pitcher. Stir well.
- 2Add club soda or spring water gradually, stirring constantly. Add 3 or 4 ice cubes and mix again.
- 3Serve chilled. Nush-e-Jan!
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Reddit
- Save (19)