- 400 grams Bamboo shoots- purchased from Asian Grocer
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 shallots- thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs of spring onion- thinly sliced
- 1 chilli- julienne
- 15 young mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons of glutinous rice-
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- Wash Bamboo shoots and place on kitchen paper. Cut into thin strips
- Mix fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and shallots in a bowl. Leave it aside
- Roast (dry)the glutinous rice in a pan until golden in colour, once cooled, use pestle and mortar or processor and ground into a semi fine texture.
- Roast (dry) sesame seeds. Leave it aside.
- Mix bamboo shoots, fish sauce dressing, chilli, spring onion and grounded glutinous rice in a salad bowl
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds