- 8 homemade or thawed frozen waffles, cut into triangles (like tortilla chips)
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, crumbled and browned
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 6 eggs, cooked sunny-side up or over easy
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce, for serving, optional
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the waffle triangles on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes to dry out a bit. Remove from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Top the waffles with the sausage, drizzle with the maple syrup and cover with the cheese. Cook under the broiler until the cheese has melted completely, about 2 minutes. Top the nachos with the cooked eggs, avocado slices, tomatoes, scallions, jalapeno and cilantro. Serve with hot sauce if desired and garnish with sour cream.