- 2 rolls breakfast sausage, mild
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 cups cooked rice, medium grain (cooked in chicken broth)
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded cheese, Mexican style with jalapenos
- 1 package Canadian bacon
- In a heavy skillet, add breakfast sausage, beef, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat on stove until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Add salt, brown sugar, and rice, and mix well. Remove from heat and add 1 cup shredded cheese and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a round baking stone arrange crescent dough triangles in a circle with wide bases overlapping to form a circle in the center of the stone. The crescent roll points should be hanging over the edges. Place a scoop of rice and meat mixture evenly on wide edges of crescent roll. Sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheese evenly over meat and rice mixture. Bring points up over filling and tuck under center bases. The filling will not be completely covered with crescent rolls. Slice Canadian bacon in half and place slices over mixture between rolls. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top of dish.
- Optional garnish: Cut top off medium bell pepper. Remove seeds and membrane. Fill with breakfast syrup. Place pepper in center of ring with arranged shredded lettuce around. Slice and drizzle syrup for a special added flavor!