This addictive peanut-and-seed mix has “unbeatable summer snack” written all over it. It’s got just the right amount of salty-spicy crunch to keep you reaching for another beer, and another handful, and another beer… —A.M.
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed chiles de árbol
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Toss 1 cup raw peanuts and 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas) with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons crushed chiles de árbol or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1 tablespoon kosher salt to coat. Toast on a baking sheet in a 400° oven, tossing often, until golden brown, 5–7 minutes. Let cool.
- Do ahead: Mix can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature. Makes about 2 cups.