- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped into 1/2-inch thick pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 3/4-inch pieces, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat; cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- 2. Add another tablespoon olive oil; stir in 1 onion, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups). Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 5 minutes.
- 3. Uncover; cook, stirring frequently, until potatoes and onions are browned, about 15 minutes. Toss with another 1/4 teaspoon salt, and serve.