- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, julienned
- 1 cup Chinese cooking wine, or dry sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 star anise
- 2 pork tenderloins, trimmed and halved crosswise
- Steamed rice, for serving (optional)
- Steamed baby bok choy, for serving (optional)
- 1. Heat oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add ginger, and cook for 1 minute. Add wine, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, and star anise; bring to a simmer. Add pork, and cover. Cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- 2. Remove pork, and keep warm. Allow sauce to simmer until reduced and thickened. Cut pork into 1-inch slices. Spoon sauce over pork, and serve with steamed rice and bok choy.