- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 large zucchini
- 8 green onions
- 2 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive oil spray
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups coconut beverage, not coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: cilantro and dried coconut
- Bring the water to a boil and add the lentils. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes until tender but not mushy.
- Rinse and trim the zucchini, carrots, and green onions. Dice the zucchini, peel the carrots and slice, and slice the white part of the green onions reserving the green part for later. Peel the garlic and slice.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil spray. Add the zucchini, carrots, green onion, and garlic. Sprinkle the curry powder over the vegetables, and stir fry until cooked through about 5 minutes. Set aside until the lentils are ready.
- Drain the lentils and transfer to the skillet. Pour in the coconut beverage stirring to combine. Cut the green part of the green onions into 1-inch pieces. Stir into the mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with cilantro or dried unsweetened coconut.