- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1. Set a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Fill with enough water to come just below basket; bring to a boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer. Place sweet potatoes in steamer basket and cover; steam until tender, 15 to 25 minutes. Drain, and return to saucepan.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring half-and-half, butter, and brown sugar to a simmer, stirring to combine; remove from heat. Add to drained sweet potatoes, and mash just until smooth; season with salt and pepper.