I bought steel-cut oats by mistake, but turns out I like them!
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dark brown sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped dried cherries & chopped dried apples
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Sprinkle of grated nutmeg
- Bring water, milk and oats to a boil; reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally, until liquid mostly absorbed (but not totally dry).
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and vanilla.
- Place dried fruits in the bottom of a small bowl. Heap cooked oats on top. Top with pecans, cream, remaining brown sugar, and grate nutmeg over all.