Maybe this should be called a Whiskey Left Hook. Because it’s better than a punch—get it? Is a hook better than a punch? How does boxing even work? I don’t have gloves, do you? These questions and more will be answered for you as soon as you make this delightfully picnic-able summertime beverage.
- 1 1/2 cups honey (an entire 12-ounce plastic bear)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey simple syrup
- 4 cups lemonade
- 3 cups whiskey
- 4 cups club soda
- Lemon slices and ice, for serving
- Bring honey and water to boil over medium heat. Reduce to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened and has almost halved in volume.
- This means you’ll be left with about 12 ounces of simple syrup, which is way more than you’ll need for this drink: Store it in a jar in your fridge (it’ll keep for a few weeks) to spoon into your tea in the morning.
- Stir all liquids together in a big bowl.
- This yields a little less than 3/4 gallon, so pour it into a gallon-sized plastic travel jug and take it for a picnic.
- Pour it into plastic, park-approved cups over ice. Garnish with a lemon slice, and feel no pain.