- 1 banana, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour (sometimes labeled ‘almond meal’)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Maple syrup for serving
- Combine the banana and the almond milk in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the flours, baking powder and salt.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Working in batches if necessary, spoon in the batter (we like small ‘silver dollar pancakes,’ which are each about 2 tablespoons worth of batter). Cook the pancakes until nicely browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the pancakes to warm plates and serving with plenty of maple syrup.