Recipe by Denise Santoro Lincoln. Baked and with a sprinkling of salt and chili powder, these french fried potatoes are a great compliment to any entree.
- 4 baking potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Poke potatoes with holes and microwave for five minutes. Note: I don’t peel my potatoes as they don’t bake as nicely in the microwave if they are peeled. If you prefer to have the skin removed on your fries, just let the half baked potatoes cool a bit and then peel them before slicing.
- Slice potatoes into wedges or julienne pieces (whichever you prefer). Be careful not to burn yourself as the inside of the potatoes are hot. You can also microwave the potatoes ahead of time.
- Oil a baking sheet
- Lay potato slices on the baking sheet and spray some olive oil on top. If you don’t have a sprayer, just toss the potatoes in some extra oil from the pan.
- Top with salt and a dusting of chili powder
- Bake for about 7 minutes, or until the fries are crispy